WEBSITE TERMS and CONDITIONS
- These terms and conditions govern your use of this website. By using this website, you accept these terms and conditions in full. If you disagree with these terms and conditions or any part of these terms and conditions, you must not use this website.
License to use website
- Semoegy Advisers & Ventures [SEMOEGY] is a business registered in Singapore [Registration no.: 53270056B] with its official business address at No. 1 Irving Place, #05-13G, The Commerze@Irving, Singapore 369546, Republic of Singapore.
- Unless otherwise stated, SEMOEGY and/or its licensors own the intellectual property rights in the website and material on the website. Subject to the license below, all these intellectual property rights are reserved.
- You may view, download for caching purposes only, and print pages or other content from the website for your own personal use, subject to the restrictions set out below and elsewhere in these terms and conditions.
- You must not:
Where content is specifically made available for redistribution, it may only be redistributed within your organisation.
- Republish material from this website (including republication on another website);
- Sell, rent or sub-license material from the website;
- Show any material from the website in public;
- Reproduce, duplicate, copy or otherwise exploit material on this website for a commercial purpose;
- Edit or otherwise modify any material on the website; or
- Redistribute material from this website [except for content specifically and expressly made available for redistribution].
You must not use this website in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the availability or accessibility of the website, or in any way that is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity.
You must not use this website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of or is linked to any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software.
You must not conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities, including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting on or in relation to this website without SEMOEGY’S express written consent.
You must not use this website to transmit or send unsolicited commercial communications.
You must not use this website for any purposes related to marketing without SEMOEGY’S express written consent.
Access to certain areas of this website is restricted. SEMOEGY reserves the right to restrict access to specific areas of this website, or indeed this entire website, at SEMOEGY’S discretion.
If SEMOEGY provides you with a user ID and password to enable you to access restricted areas of this website or other content or services, you must ensure that the user ID and password are kept confidential.
SEMOEGY may disable your user ID and password in SEMOEGY’S sole discretion without notice or explanation.
In these terms and conditions, “your user content” means material, including without limitation text, images, audio material, video material and audio-visual material that you submit to this website, for whatever purpose.
You grant to SEMOEGY a worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to use, reproduce, adapt, publish, translate and distribute your user content in any existing or future media. You also grant to SEMOEGY the right to sub-license these rights, and the right to bring an action for infringement of these rights.
Your user content must not be illegal or unlawful, must not infringe any third party’s legal rights, and must not be capable of giving rise to legal action whether against you or SEMOEGY or a third party in each case under any applicable law.
You must not submit any user content to the website that is or has ever been the subject of any threatened or actual legal proceedings or other similar complaint.
SEMOEGY reserves the right to edit or remove any material submitted to this website, or stored on SEMOEGY’S servers, or hosted or published upon this website.
Notwithstanding SEMOEGY’S rights under these terms and conditions in relation to user content, SEMOEGY does not undertake to monitor the submission of such content to, or the publication of such content on, this website.
This website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. SEMOEGY makes no representations or warranties in relation to this website or the information and materials provided on this website.
Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing paragraph, SEMOEGY does not warrant that:
Nothing on this website constitutes, or is meant to constitute, advice of any kind. If you require advice in relation to any legal, financial or medical matter you should consult an appropriate professional.
- This website will be constantly available, or available at all; or
- The information on this website is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading.
Limitations of liability
SEMOEGY will not be liable to you whether under the law of contact, the law of torts or otherwise in relation to the contents of, or use of, or otherwise in connection with, this website:
These limitations of liability apply even if SEMOEGY has been expressly advised of the potential loss.
- To the extent that the website is provided free-of-charge, for any direct loss;
- For any indirect, special or consequential loss; or
- For any business losses, loss of revenue, income, profits or anticipated savings, loss of contracts or business relationships, loss of reputation or goodwill, or loss or corruption of information or data.
Nothing in this website disclaimer will exclude or limit any warranty implied by law that it would be unlawful to exclude or limit, and nothing in this website disclaimer will exclude or limit SEMOEGY’S liability in respect of any:
- Death or personal injury caused by SEMOEGY’S negligence;
- Fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation on the part of SEMOEGY; or
- Matter which it would be illegal or unlawful for SEMOEGY to exclude or limit, or to attempt or purport to exclude or limit, its liability.
By using this website, you agree that the exclusions and limitations of liability set out in this website disclaimer are reasonable.
If you do not think they are reasonable, you must not use this website.
1. You accept that, as a limited liability entity, SEMOEGY has an interest in limiting the personal liability of its officers and employees. You agree that you will not bring any claim personally against SEMOEGY’S officers or employees in respect of any losses you suffer in connection with the website.
Without prejudice to the foregoing paragraph, you agree that the limitations of warranties and liability set out in this website disclaimer will protect SEMOEGY’S officers, employees, agents, subsidiaries, successors, assigns and sub-contractors as well as SEMOEGY.
If any provision of this website disclaimer is, or is found to be, unenforceable under applicable law, that will not affect the enforceability of the other provisions of this website disclaimer.
You hereby indemnify SEMOEGY and undertake to keep SEMOEGY indemnified against any losses, damages, costs, liabilities and expenses, including without limitation legal expenses and any amounts paid by SEMOEGY to a third party in settlement of a claim or dispute on the advice of SEMOEGY’S legal advisers incurred or suffered by SEMOEGY arising out of any breach by you of any provision of these terms and conditions, or arising out of any claim that you have breached any provision of these terms and conditions.
Breaches of these terms and conditions
Without prejudice to SEMOEGY’S other rights under these terms and conditions, if you breach these terms and conditions in any way, SEMOEGY may take such action as SEMOEGY deems appropriate to deal with the breach, including suspending your access to the website, prohibiting you from accessing the website, blocking computers using your IP address from accessing the website, contacting your internet service provider to request that they block your access to the website and/or bringing court proceedings against you.
SEMOEGY may revise these terms and conditions from time-to-time. Revised terms and conditions will apply to the use of this website from the date of the publication of the revised terms and conditions on this website. Please check this page regularly to ensure you are familiar with the current version.
SEMOEGY may transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with SEMOEGY’S rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions without notifying you or obtaining your consent.
You may not transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with your rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions.
If a provision of these terms and conditions is determined by any court or other competent authority to be unlawful and/or unenforceable, the other provisions will continue in effect. If any unlawful and/or unenforceable provision would be lawful or enforceable if part of it were deleted, that part will be deemed to be deleted, and the rest of the provision will continue in effect.
TRAINING BOOKINGS/REGISTRATIONS TERMS & CONDITIONS
Registration for a training course online or by any other methods does not entitle the registrant to a guaranteed place at the training session. Confirmation of a place at a training session after registration is subject to availability.
If a place is available for the registrant, confirmation to guarantee this place will only be made after payment for the training course has been received.
All training fees are shown excluding the Goods & Services Tax (GST). GST will be applied at the existing rates, where applicable.
Cash, cheque, credit/debit card, bank draft, electronic bank transfer or PayPal are all acceptable methods of payment.
SEMOEGY’S terms are payment in full not less than 2 weeks before the training session, failing which, the place for the training course shall be withdrawn from the registrant and will be offered to registrants on a waiting list.
Returned cheques will incur a SGD$100 charge to cover banking fees, administrative costs and any other inconvenience. In an instance of a repeat returned cheque, SEMOEGY reserves the right to terminate the arrangement and insist on future cash transactions only, unless otherwise agreed with SEMOEGY. Consequently, all bookings and/or transactions and agreements entered into will cease with immediate effect until such time as any and all outstanding payments or monies are recovered in full.
Cancellations of registration for a training course must be notified to SEMOEGY in writing subject to confirmation from SEMOEGY in writing. SEMOEGY reserves the right to levy a charge of 20% of the training course fees to cover any subsequent administrative expenses.
Refunds will be made to the registrant as follows:
Refunds will be made within 30 working days of receiving the cancellation notice.
SEMOEGY reserves the right to cancel, delay or reschedule training courses at any time due to unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of SEMOEGY or due to insufficient participants or operational reasons for which, SEMOEGY’S liability will be limited to a refund of any monies paid to SEMOEGY in relation to the contracted event or a pro rata reduction for a training course partially delivered. SEMOEGY will not compensate for any further losses, including travel, accommodation, or any other expenses.
- 90% refund if the written cancellation is received 6 weeks or less before the training course date;
- 50% refund if the written cancellation is received 4 weeks or less before the training course date;
- No refund if the written cancellation is received 2 weeks or less before the training course date.
Unless otherwise stated, SEMOEGY and/or its licensors own the intellectual property rights in the training materials and literature. Subject to the license below, all these intellectual property rights are reserved.
Participants may use training materials and literature for their own personal use, subject to restrictions set out below and elsewhere in these terms and conditions.
Participants must not:
Photography, video recording and audio recording are not allowed during the training sessions. Participants found in breach of this restriction will be removed from the training sessions immediately.
- Republish the training material (including republication on websites);
- Sell, rent or sub-license the training material;
- Show any training material in public;
- Reproduce, duplicate, copy or otherwise exploit the training material for a commercial purpose;
- Edit or otherwise modify any training material; or
- Redistribute the training material [except for content specifically and expressly made available for redistribution].
These terms and conditions, together with any related or supporting documents, constitute the entire agreement between you and SEMOEGY in relation to your use of this website and training, and supersede all previous agreements in respect of your use of this website.
Law and jurisdiction
These terms and conditions will be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of the Republic of Singapore, and any disputes relating to these terms and conditions will be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Republic of Singapore.
Registrations and authorisations
1. SEMOEGY is registered with the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA) of Singapore. You can find the online version of the register at https://www.acra.gov.sg/Home/.
(Visited 51 times, 1 visits today)